Friday, October 12, 2007

Oops

Yesterday, after a long day of training, I went to the grocery store to make sure I had everything I needed to make the salad I promised to bring for our class potluck. The lines to check out were long, of course, so I resigned myself to catching up on the latest gossip mags while I waited. It appeared that the line next to me was moving much faster, so I made a move only to see that someone was coming in behind me at the last moment.

I ended up knocking over a cardboard box display of chocolate bars as I was trying to maneuver my cart. There was nothing I could do, I was stuck behind my cart. It was a thing of beauty though, watching all those chocolate bars tip out of the display box and cascade onto the industrial tile floor. The best part was that two people actually stopped to help pick everything up. Needless to say, their Lindt chocolate display was more than a little rearranged. But thanks to the kindness of others, it was reinstalled in less than a minute and I was spared the embarrassment of causing a huge traffic jam down the main aisle of the grocery store during the after work rush hour.

No comments: