Friday, November 30, 2007

Back to Work

Since my last enthusiastic post, I have indeed gone back to work with a vengeance. I thoroughly enjoyed my "three day" trip to West Palm Beach. That trip consisted of a red eye to WPB, a 25 hour lay over, a day at the beach, a lovely meal by the water, getting stung by a jelly fish, and a surprisingly good dinner at the hotel restaurant, and a 3 1/2 hour flight back to Denver. I got back from WPB in the morning and left for another overnight in Ft. Lauderdale that night. It was gorgeouse weather, but I was so exhausted from the red eye flight and no sleep all day prior, that I slept nearly all of my 12 hour layover away.

A pattern is becoming apparent to me. It seems that on each flight, there is one character that sticks out to me. On the WPB flight, it was a little old Jewish grandma. She had been interviewed by the local WPB news station because she was on the first flight from WPB to Denver on Frontier. She was going out for her grandson's Bar-Mitzvah. I wheeled her up the jet way where a customer service agent was waiting. She said, "I saw you on tv the other day." Little Grandma's response was, "I know, how did my hair look? Did I look ok?"

What a great trip to come back to work for!

I had a brief respite with a Thanksgiving visit to family and friends in NY. Since the holiday, I've been to Phoenix and Milwaukee.

No comments: